Well, I had trouble using this Simple Snowman stamp set … and it wasn’t all that simple for me. I guess the basic images within the stamp set are simple, but trying to make it all work, and the odd dimension to the snowman…it was a challenge.
Here is my creation for SCS sketch challenge 146:
I wanted to use “non-traditional” holiday colors for this card. Due to all the details of the stamp, I had to come up with a combo that had at least 4 colors that all coordinated…yep, that was challenging as well for a christmas card.
The card base is not a standard size due to me playing around trying to make the main image work and not look like it would take over the whole card front. Card base is Close to Cocoa CS measuring 4-1/4″ x 10″ folded in half. I layered a strip of Certainly Celery Prints DSP measuring 3″ x 4-1/4″ and Soft Sky Prints DSP 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. The scalloping to the Soft Sky strip was created with my Coluzzle. I then stamped snowflakes going diagonally across the card with Versamark, added White EP, then heated to set. I took my Color Spritzer Tool and a Close to Cocoa Stampin’ Write Marker and followed the pattern of the snowflakes and gave a little spritz of color. Added a small strip of Rose Red Prints DSP to upper right corner with a brown button from Earth Elements & Neutrals Colored Buttons, Linen Thread, and a Mini Glue Dot to secure.
The main image was stamped on Confetti White CS measuring 2-1/2″ x 2-7/8″. Matted on Purely Pomegranate CS 2-5/8″ x 3″, Close to Cocoa CS 2-3/4″ x 3-1/8″, then Soft Sky CS 2-7/8″ x 3-1/4″. Stamped image with Stazon Jet Black. Used Aqua-Painter to watercolor. Classic Stampin’ Pads used were Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue (for shadowing behind snowman). Sponged egdges of Confetti White CS piece with Soft Sky ink. Traced arms of snowman with Close to Cocoa Stampin’ Write Marker. Added small strips of Soft Sky Prints DSP to scarf, and to the hat. Restamped “Peace” on the assortment of Prints DSP already mentioned, cut out, and attached “P”, “A”, and last “E” to image with Mini Glue Dots. Used monoadhesive to attach the first “E” and “C”.
Lastly, added Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched Ribbon to bottom of card, and a small Soft Sky Double-Stitched Ribbon tab to the right side of main image.
TFL:)Just when I thought I was done creating for the day, the mail is delivered. And poof….received my first 4 stamp sets from MFT. My mind has been brainstorming ever since I ordered them and created my SU! version of the headless chicks:) Can’t wait to see what I can do with them. Don’t worry, I’m still loyal to good ol’ Stampin’ Up! — I just want to explore other stamps that are out there. (Having a love for a